Saturday, February 18, 2012

Status (old)

2/18/2012
Yesterday Dad got bathed by Edie and examined by RN Linda, both Kaiser people. He didn't eat or drink much, although he did get out of bed to his recliner.

Today he hasn't been out of bed. He seems in good spirits, and not delirious, but he hasn't eaten or drank anything. We ask and ask, but he turns everything down. Hmmm. Linda the RN did say this sort of stuff is natural in the end stages.

2/20/2012
Last night was a bad night. Dad had me up at all hours with delirium. It turns out I created that situation, by not insisting he has his oxygen line on at night. I'll have to be firm with him about that in the future.

Dad is still "with us", in the sense that he's in his right mind most of the time. I'm so grateful for that!

Edie the Kaiser bather came again. She does such a great job. Then a Kaiser volunteer, Steve, came and spelled me for a few hours. These people are so good, so helpful. I would have taken Carol to a movie, but she couldn't find one she wanted to see. So we looked at fruit trees at Green Acres, then grabbed a sandwich at Togo's, courtesy of my daughter. Thanks, Lisa!

I mentioned this blog to Steve the volunteer, and he told me about caringbridge.org, which is a site designed exactly to do what I'm doing with this blog. I may switch to it; if I do, it'll be posted here.

No comments:

Post a Comment